Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Dress

There's a bit of a funny story behind my wedding dress. Austin made one request before I went shopping: that I buy one that "isn't huge" meaning one without any tulle. And the only requirements I had were that I generally refuse to wear strapless dresses and I hate large bows and rhinestones. After some shopping, it turned out that the only dress I loved was strapless, had more tulle than I've ever seen in my life, and a huge bow with a rhinestone brooch. Haha!
But, the dress has a beautiful sweetheart neckline and looks lovely on me. I decided that with just a few adjustments, it would be perfect. So, I bought it :)
Shortly after I brought it home, I took the bow off (it was just tacked on) and called a seamstress. When we met yesterday, she had just finished taking all the tulle out and now all that left is to shorten the hem! It shouldn't be long before its finished. I'm so excited. 
I can't post any pictures of the dress before the wedding because I don't want Austin to stumble upon them. But, my seamstress gave me a mountain of tulle to take home so I took at quick shot.


I'm so relieved to try on the dress without all that garbage inside. It makes me so excited! Only 78 days :D


turn that frown upside down, 
Jess

No comments: